The latest realme UI 4.0 based on Android 13 has been released, and it brings with it a host of new features and improvements. As a realme fan, you now have the opportunity to enroll in the realme UI 4.0 based on Android 13 Early Access program and experience these new features before they are released to the general public.
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about the realme UI 4.0 Open Beta program, including its features, how to participate, and important precautions to take before enrolling.
What is the realme UI 4.0 Open Beta Program?
The realme UI 4.0 Open Beta program is a beta testing program that allows realme fans to test the new features of the realme UI 4.0 based on Android 13 before its official release. This program is aimed at providing a better understanding of user experience, identifying potential bugs and issues, and collecting user feedback to improve the final release.
When Does the Open Beta Begin?
The realme UI 4.0 Open Beta program for realme 10 begins on February 21, 2023. However, the application channel will accept applications in batches, and limited seats are available.
Things to Know Before Joining the Open Beta Program
Before enrolling in the realme UI 4.0 Open Beta program, there are some important precautions to take. Here are the things you need to know:
- Check Your Phone: Ensure that your phone is not rooted as rooted devices are not eligible for the program.
- Back-Up Your Data: Before proceeding, it is crucial to back up your personal data to prevent data loss in case of any issues.
- Update Applications: Ensure that all your third-party applications are updated to their latest version available on the Play Store. Some applications might not be compatible with Android 13 yet, and updating them after the beta update might cause issues.
- Be Prepared for Bugs: As this is early access software, it might contain bugs and issues that could affect your phone’s daily use.
- Check Your Phone’s Storage: Make sure that your phone has more than 10GB of storage available before enrolling in the program.
- No Guarantee of Receiving the Update: Due to unpredictable factors like network communication and strategy adjustment, it is not possible to guarantee that every applicant will receive the update. If you do not receive the update, wait for the official release.
How to Submit Bugs/Suggestions ?
If you encounter any bugs or have any suggestions while using the Early Access software, you can fill out the feedback form available on the link provided in the official announcement. If the issue concerns the camera app or photography experience, attach a photo sample to the form.
Additionally, you can submit feedback in the log kit if you encounter any issues after the update.
How to Apply for the Early Access Program
To apply for the realme UI 4.0 Open Beta program, follow these steps:
Ensure that your realme 10 has a battery percentage of 60% or more.
Update your device to the required UI version – RMX3630_11.A.23 | RMX3630_11.A.27.
Apply for early access via the Software Update Application channel: Settings → Software Update → Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner → Trial Version → Apply Now → Submit your details and finish the quiz.
Q: Why haven’t I received the Early Access update yet?
A: You will receive the update soon after submitting all the needed information in the application channel. However, keep in mind that we have limited seats to ensure an optimal beta testing program. Therefore, it’s possible that not everyone who applies will receive the update.
Q: How do I roll back to realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12?
A: If you want to roll back from realme UI 4.0 based on Android 13, you can do so by following these steps:
Note that your personal data will be erased when you roll back, so please back up your data before the operation.
You will not be able to return to the Early Access version once you have rolled back.
In case you lose some pre-installed applications, you need to manually update to the latest realme UI 3.0 based on the Android 12 version.
Here’s how to roll back:
Step 1: Download the rollback package onto your phone’s directory.
Step 2: Locate and install the rollback package by navigating to Settings > About phone > Click on the “realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12 Software Version” banner at the top > Click on the three dots in the top right corner > Local install > Find and tap the rollback package to roll back to the previous version.
Q: What should I do if I encounter bugs or want to share my suggestions while using the Early Access software?
A: If you encounter any bugs or want to share your suggestions while using the Early Access software, please fill out the feedback form using the link provided in the article. If your bug or request concerns the camera app or photography experience, make sure to attach a photo sample. Additionally, you can submit feedback in the log kit if you encounter any issues after the update.
Q: Is it recommended to install the Early Access software on my primary phone?
A: No, it is not recommended to install the Early Access software on your primary phone. Being early software, there might be bugs and some apps might not work properly. It’s important to keep this in mind before enrolling in the program
How to Roll Back to realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12
In case you encounter issues with the realme UI 4.0 based on Android 13 Early Access software or simply want to roll back to the stable version, you can follow these steps:
Back up your personal data: Before you begin, it is important to back up your personal data to prevent any potential loss. You can use the built-in backup feature in your device or use a third-party backup solution to create a copy of your important files and data.
Download the rollback package: To roll back to realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12, you will need to download the appropriate rollback package for your device. You can find the rollback package for realme 10 on the official realme website or in the link.
Download link:-Rollback package for realme ui 3.0 for realme 10
Install the rollback package: Once you have downloaded the rollback package, you can install it on your device by following these steps:
- Go to Settings on your device and select About phone.
- Tap on the “realme UI 4.0 based on Android 13 Software Version” banner at the top.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select Local Install.
- Find and tap on the downloaded rollback package to begin the rollback process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the rollback process. Note that this will erase all data on your device, so make sure to have a backup of your personal data before proceeding.
- Reinstall apps and data: After rolling back to realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12, you may need to reinstall some apps or data that was lost during the rollback process. You can use your backup to restore your personal data or manually download and reinstall any apps that are missing.
The realme UI 4.0 based on the Android 13 Early Access program is a great opportunity for realme 10 users to experience the latest software before anyone else. However, it is important to keep in mind that the Early Access software may contain bugs or other issues that could affect your device’s performance. If you do encounter any issues, you can submit feedback to realme via the provided channels. And if you decide to roll back to realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12, be sure to back up your data and follow the instructions carefully to avoid any potential data loss.