Asus had been testing the Android 11 beta update on the ZenFone 6 a couple of months ago and it seems that the build is now stable enough after the testing in beta and is now ready for the masses of ZenFone 6/6z users. The update carrying this Android 11 is now rolling out for the ZenFone 6 across the world via OTA which is in a phased rollout manner.
This global rollout is followed by the initial stable release of this update in Taiwan and it brings the Android 11 goodness and also some tweaks and perks are tagged along from Asus on top of Android 11.
Many of the new features on the ZenFone 6 are associated to design, including a new ZenUI design and the removal of Smart group functionality in Launcher. The Quick Settings panel has also been tweaked, providing users with a better overall user experience.
This update is via OTA so it will be available within few days to all of the users and to check if your Asus ZenFone 6 has got this Android 11 update then head over to the Settings>System>System Update.The changelog of this update is given below.
- Upgraded system to Android 11 on ZenFone 6
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you need to go back to Android 10, please refer to the official website that remembers it will erase all data from your device.
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 11.
- Removed Private Listening, ZenUI Help, and one hand mode
- Integrated PowerMaster features into Battery Settings. Removed Avast scanning engine.
- Removed Smart group, Icon alignment and Icon packs function in Launcher. Allowed to organize app icons across screens after tapping the empty area
- Implement new ZenUI design and features
- Improvement of the Quick Settings panel design, and support media control. Removed Multi-window tile and added Nearby Share tile (Need to add manually)
- “Auto-download and install via Wi-Fi” is always on in System when upgraded.
- Support navigation gestures for 3rd-party launcher
Comment below if you got the update