Android 11 was officially released in September for the Pixel lineup of devices and the Open source of Android was also uploaded soon after the stable release.
OnePlus is among the first to roll out the latest update of the Android to their latest flagship at the earliest. This year is no different, They release their Android 11 developer preview in August for the tech community to give them an early look to the OxygenOS 11. Since then OnePlus has been improving their Android skin to include features gradually over the period of time.
OnePlus is known for its community where they take feedback from users and improve and make changes according to their feedback.This effort led them to make the oxygen os smooth,fast and stable in the stable version.
This update brings a complete overhaul to the Oxygen OS and it is good and it is bad. Let me tell you why. OxygenOS had a reputation of being very similar to the vanilla android with the basic and some advanced customisation options available without complicating the look and feel of the overall software. But, now OnePlus has changed the complete UI of the OxygenOS 11 with inspiration from Samsung’s OneUI.These changes would help to navigate around the UI with one hand just like Samsung’s solutions for their massive phones.
OnePlus clarified this change stating that nowadays the screen sizes are getting bigger and bigger so to improve the reachability for the top portion by dragging it down.
These are the some of the key changes in the latest update.
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Displsy
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode >Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
The stable update of OxygenOS 11 is now rolling out for the OnePlus 8 series Globally via OTA. The update will reach your device within a week if no bugs are found.
Do comment below of you got the update and let us know the experience of yours.