Apple has been beta testing the iOS 14.5 and iPad OS 14.5 since last month and now at the apple spring loaded event,they released the public stable version to the end users via OTA.And we have to appreciate what apple is doing by providing long term OTA updates to most of the devices unlike other brands in the Industry.
In this post,I am going to show you what’s new in this update and how much big it is and what are some of the new inclusions in the update in this short post.
So the update size in the iPad Air 4 2020 of iPad OS 14.5 is 1.09 GB and I would recommend you to download it via Wi-fi to avoid incurring additional data charges.This update brings a lot to the existing iPad lineup including the support for Air Tags and some new emoji skin tones.Siri now has more voice options and the best part is the APP TRACKING TRANSPARENCY.
Screenshots of the OTA update
Change-log of iPad OS 14.5
AirTag and Find My
- Support for AirTag to keep track of and find your important items like your keys, wallet, backpack and more, privately and securely in the Find My app.
- Air Tag can be located by playing a sound via the built-in speaker.
- The Find My network with hundreds of millions of devices can help you find your AirTag, even when it isn’t nearby
- Lost Mode notifies you when your AirTag is found, and you can enter a phone number where you can be contacted
- Support for separate skin tones for each individual in all variations of the couple kissing emoji and couple with heart emoji.
- New face emojis, heart emojis, a woman with a beard emoji.
- Siri now includes more diverse voice options.
• Incoming calls can be announced with Siri, including who is calling, when you’re wearing your AirPods or compatible Beats headphones, and you can answer hands-free.
• Group FaceTime calls are supported by asking Siri to FaceTime a list of contacts or a group name from Messages.
• Emergency contacts can be called by asking Siri
- App Tracking Transparency lets you control which apps are allowed to track your activity across other companies’ apps and websites for ads or sharing with data brokers.
- Share your favourite lyrics using Messages, Facebook and Instagram Stories, and subscribers can play the snippet in Messages without leaving the conversation
- City charts showcase what’s popular in over 100 cities from all over the world.
- Podcasts Show Pages are redesigned to make it easier to start listening.
- Option to save and download episodes, automatically adding them to your Library for quick access
- Download behaviour and notification settings can be customised on a show-by-show basis
- Top Charts and popular categories in Search help you discover new shows.
- Redesigned News+ tab enables Apple News+ subscribers to quickly find, download and manage magazine and newspaper issues
- All-new search experience that helps you find relevant topics, channels and stories
- Ability to sort reminders by Title, Priority, Deadline or Creation date
- Option to print your reminder lists
- Xbox Series X/S Wireless controller or Sony PS5 DualSense Wireless Controller Support.
- Ability to stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness+ workouts to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices
Additional fixes in this update.
- Messages at the bottom of the thread may be hidden by the keyboard under certain circumstances
- Deleted messages may still appear in Spotlight search
- Messages may persistently fail to send texts in some threads
- Mail would not load new emails for some users until restarting the device
- iCloud Tabs may not appear in Safari
- iCloud Keychain could be prevented from turning off
- Reminders created via Siri may be unintentionally set for early morning hours
- AirPods audio routing to incorrect device for Automatic Switching
- AirPods Automatic Switching notifications might be missing or duplicated
- For information on the security content of Apple software updates,you can visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Youtube short video of iPadOS 14.5 news
That’s it for this post,This was just the introduction news for the iPadOS update and I will use the update on my iPad air 4 and will post a review of new features in action soon so stay tuned on our social media and youtube platform.