Nowadays our smart handheld devices like smartphones, tablets are becoming much more than what they are supposed to do. For example, the iPads now with the latest iPad os update have brought the full support for the trackpads, mouse, and keyboard and with the magic keyboard accessory, they are now much more than a simple tablet that was used as an entertainment device. Just like that the smartphones which were also just a simple device used for calls and business works in the start have now evolved much more than that.
Have considered buying the magic keyboard or just the external Bluetooth mouse and keyboards just to use it casually and not for professional purpose then I would suggest just don’t buy the external accessories just yet. I can help you get a workaround for it by just a simple detailed guide by which you can easily convert your beautiful smartphone display as your wireless Bluetooth Trackpad and your Smartphones keyboard as your external keyboard for your iPad and other devices.
I have an iPad so this guide will currently be based on iPad only.
Table of Contents
Prerequisites for using Android as your Trackpad for iPad.
- An Android Smartphone with Bluetooth connection(Latest would be great)
- An Android app called Serverless Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse for PC/phone.
- An iPad in which you will be using the trackpad. (with working Bluetooth)
Steps to use your Android smartphone as a trackpad for iPad.
- Install the App on Your Android Smartphone. (Free version will get the work done)
- If you want you can purchase the premium version for extra features.
- Open the app and connect to your iPad via Bluetooth within the keyboard app.
- Now you can use your Android smartphone as a trackpad/mouse or keyboard for your iPad.
Unlike other alternatives, this app doesn’t require you to build a server in your computer and then connect it to the same wifi network which will then connect via LAN, and then it will be used as a trackpad. Serverless Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse for PC/Phone uses Bluetooth connection to be used as a trackpad for your iPad.There is little to no latency while using this app but occasionally there are some stutters while the wifi or the wifi hotspot is being used in your android smartphone or if you have Bluetooth headphones paired.
Serverless Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse for PC/Phone interface is easy to use and navigate and it comes with some great features onboard in the free version too. The premium version doesn’t cost much but it is completely value for money because at that price you cannot buy an external Bluetooth mouse/trackpad for your iPad, it is almost 10th of the price and it is highly portable too because you will always carry your smartphone with you.
Features of Serverless Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse/trackpad for PC/Phone
- Turn your smartphone into a trackpad with scrolling support
- Use any keyboard app to type text on the remote device
- Multi media screen for controlling media players with controls for playback, volume and navigation *
- Support for 33 different keyboard language layouts
- Turn your phone into an movement-based Air mouse *
- Use speech input and send copied text to connected devices *
- * Premium feature
Supported Platforms that can use the wireless trackpad.
The receiving device must have Bluetooth. The following operating systems have been successfully tested:
- Android and Android TV
- Apple iOS and iPad OS
- Windows 8.1 and higher
- Chromebook Chrome OS
That being said you should definitely try this app as it would help you get your work done wirelessly and without spending much money on external devices. I hope that this guide will help you use your Android smartphone as your external wireless trackpad.